If you are thinking about hosting a brunch and normally offer your guests Mimosa’s, next time serve Mimosa Jellies. This cool skewered nosh-able bite will quickly become a favorite brunch cocktail treat.
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (fresh squeezed, if possible)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups champagne, prosecco or other sparkling wine
- 1 drop orange flower water (if desired)
- Pour juice and sugar into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two.
- Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the champagne. (Mixture will be foamy – don’t worry, this will dissipate as the mixture sets.)
- Add the drop of orange flower water if desired.
- Pour mixture into a 9″ x 9″ glass or non-reactive metal cake pan. Refrigerate until fully set (3 to 4 hours).
To serve, cut into desired shapes with a knife or small cookie cutter (I like small oval or round shape). Garnish with edible flower petals, if desired and serve on a platter or place jellies on skewers.
Bon Appetit & Cheers!